In the News
Get exclusive savings!
Stay at home.
Shop by phone.
Top Banana will bring your groceries right to your kitchen
For seniors and people with disabilities, going to the grocery store can be more than a chore: it can be a challenge. We are here to do your shopping for you. Top Banana is a non-profit whose mission is to make sure people who either can't get to the store, or simply would prefer not to, can get the groceries and household items they need.
You call each week that you want groceries on your call-in day and give your order to our friendly order takers. On the designated delivery day of the week for your area, our drivers bring in your groceries and put them right on the counter, or away in the cabinet, refrigerator or freezer.
||Read our latest newsletter
Looking for ways to save?
• Refer a buddy and save $5 on your next order.
• Coordinate with someone in your building for delivery on the same day and you'll both save $5!
• Check our current sales for extra savings
• Get exclusive monthly specials for Top Banana's Facebook followers
While they're there, they can also do small chores like loosen stubborn jar lids, take out the trash, or pick up your mail.
Top Banana will do your shopping as if we were shopping for our own families.Thanks to the generous support of government and philanthropic organizations, as well as individual donations from the community, we are able to provide this service for only a small fee that is based on each customer's ability to pay (see ways to save!).
When you're home, you shouldn't have to worry about getting the groceries and other items you need. Let us help. Family members and caregivers are also welcome to call. We will be glad to answer any questions you may have.
Helpful facts about Top Banana
- You can order one time, once a week, once a month, or whenever suits you; no contract is ever required
- We deliver on a weekly basis to customers in Montgomery, Prince Georges, and Charles Counties, as well as Washington, D.C.
- We have no long intake period; you can get your order the very next week (at the latest)
- During office hours, you will always talk to a real, live person; if we're on the phone with another customer, we will call you right back and we will never make you nagivate a complicated automated system
- We carry name-brand groceries, butcher-cut meats, and farm-fresh produce & dairy
- You can also order your household items, toiletries and pet supplies
- Our grocery prices are generally comparable to the national grocery stores and better than convenience store prices
- Our selection is not as extensive as national grocery stores but considerably more extensive than convenience stores, and we pride ourselves on our high-quality goods
- As a non-profit, we are committed to keeping our service as affordable and convenient as possible
- We welcome and value our customers' input at all times
- Call today and we'll be glad to answer any questions you have
Proudly serving seniors and people with disabilities in Prince George's, Montgomery, and Charles counties, MD, and the D.C. metropolitan area since January 1982.
Our service charge is based on affordability. We accept most major credit cards, debit cards, cash, checks, gift cards, and EBT cards.